Every business that needs to increase its target customers needs to have online presence. The biggest giants who might not find customers also have their online presence that is used for creating positive business image and culture. Thus Social Media Strategy has many obvious and hidden impacts. The impact of social media is huge and hence every small little action online reflects on business. It seems that every small thing should be planned in advance which feels like a tedious thing to do. The likes, the dislikes, comments, posts, shares everything should be aligned in a manner that they help business achieve the target. The simpler process of the following is to make a strategy plan in such a way that these smaller actions will all fall in place.
Simple 6 steps Social Media Strategy
Creating a social media strategy is not a one day job, it is also not something that is just set, it is an ongoing process due to the dynamic nature of the business. These simple steps, however, definitely ensures that the business is off to a great start.
- Create Goals: The first step to make any Social media strategy is to create goals. These Goals should be S.M.A.R.T which means- specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.The goals and objectives should be aligned to the long term strategy of the business. They should be measured against the target to ensure the return on investment. The Parameters should be defined well and clear planning should be done to ensure that the goals are achieved within the timeline. The objectives should be broken down aligned to the goals so that they can be the source of action.
- Conduct an Audit: In order to know where to reach it is important to know where you are starting form ? Auditing the current scenario ensures where to start planning from; there are pre-defined measurable templates that can form the base of audit that can be used.
- Create online presence: This could mean improving on the current presence or creating a new one. When the current scenario is clear it becomes easy to do this. Social media which includes facebook, twitter, Instagrametchas different audience and hence different benefits, SEO optimization and cross promoting accounts will lead to generating effective profiles.
- Get inspiration: Like every platform even social media has leaders who have changed the game of marketing. A simple step is to learn from them, align their strategies to your business, see what can be inculcated from their strategies and make amends to yours.
- Have a content plan and calendar things: The content that goes online defines the impact of the strategy, thus Content optimization. Along with that calendar checks should be created which means that what should be achieved is timed here. This is a place where important post application amends are made before the major deadline to enhance the effect of the campaign.
- Test the strategies: Social media world is ever changing and so is the Social Media strategies. Each time they should be tested against the odds that will allow the strategist to what worked. This also helps in making amends and being planned for the future.