There are many NYC guides that cater to the needs of different individuals such as shopaholics, food lovers and many more. What about the nerds of NYC? New York City is known as the city that never sleeps, and it has something to offer everyone, including the nerds. You can be sure to find a rich and diverse history, science fiction and even magic.
New York is the biggest city in America and it is always busting and overcrowded. It is filled with landmarks and art which are definitely worth seeing. NYC is home to many globally recognised companies like Etsy and Tumblr. The mayor is bent on developing NYCs tech economy so they can compete with Silicone Valley. Before we consider all that the city has to offer you, let’s determine where exactly you would stay in such an affluent city.
Accommodation in NYC
If you consider yourself a geek, looking for some adventure in NYC and a decent place to stay, you can rent furnished apartments in the city at a fraction of the price you would pay at a regular accommodation. Here you will enjoy the benefits of Big City living, having a home that is equipped with everything you need. These apartments are shared between a few individuals who share in the overall cost as well. They usually have free internet access, cleaning services, access to pools and gymnasiums and even private parties if you’re lucky.
Things to do in NYC
- Visit Ripley’s Believe it or not at Times square – Robert Ripley founded Ripley’s Believe it or Not in NYC. He was a collector of strange paraphernalia and learned that many other people were just as amazed with his findings. The so-called Odditorium features shrunken heads, a cow with 6 legs, the hair of famous singer Elvis Presley and many other amazing discoveries.
- Madame Tussauds – located in the heart of Times Square, this wax museum has so much to offer. You may have seen pictures of people with wax figures of their favourite celebrities from TV, history and sports. You will get access to this museum with the NYC explorer pass.
- Toy Tokyo Underground – the showroom features pop art culture via the world of designer toys. Artists use this platform to display their work on a range of mediums like t-shirts, and vinyl toys.
- Gulliver’s Gate – A model building of Gulliver’s Gate features the recreated iconic landmarks and cities from across the world. It offers visitor’s an interactive experience with special effects like sound, and animation.
- VideoGamesNewYork (VGNY) – this space is a video gamer’s haven with everything from vintage games to modern day equipment. It is more than a store and offers it’s fanatics a cultural venue that provides them with the history of each video game.
Get an Explorer Pass to allow you to visit as many places as you can on a budget. You will save up to 50% on all tours, museums and activities instead of paying a fee at each gate.