Traditionally, the process of individuals or businesses expanding their IT environment is long and costly one. Servers, hardware and licences must all be purchased at an extraordinarily high cost and the installation process for all the necessary software is incredibly time-consuming. Surely there must be a more cost effect way?
Cloud computing is the latest innovative technology in the world of computers and Internet-based services. It eliminates the need for costly hard drives and servers by allowing users to store files and programs remotely. As a result, the industry now seeks professionals who are skilled and well versed in the field of cloud computing.
What are the benefits?
Cloud computing is incredibly versatile and cost efficient. Some of the advantages include:
- Quicker setup: Eliminates the need for server procurement, configuration and subsequent costs.
- Secure backup: Since the service is cloud-based, there is no risk of accidental damage or loss of data due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
- Flexibility: It is designed to handle large workloads allowing business to expand quickly. You only pay for the storage you use, making it very cost effective.
- Mobile availability: The system can be accessed from a distance, eliminating the need for a single working space for users to access it.
- Multi-user: Cloud computing allows for multiple users of the system, regardless of where they are in the world.
Cloud computing as a career
Since cloud computing is significantly more cost effective than traditional services, it is quickly becoming the favoured method for data storage the world over. However, cloud computing systems are incredibly complex and require highly skilled IT professionals to develop, implement, administer and maintain such services. As a result, the demand for professionals skilled in cloud computing is growing exponentially. As more and more business switch to cloud computing, there is a higher and higher demand for cloud computing experts.
Where can I learn cloud computing?
Cloud courses are available either in the classroom setting or online. Since most people in the IT industry are already in employment or don’t have the time to attend classes, online courses are the preferred method of learning. Several online companies offer courses in cloud computing.
CloudAcademy is one of the leaders in online cloud computing training. Students who complete the online course are trained and certified in some of the leading and most highly sought after cloud platforms, including Google Cloud Platform ( GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure,and more.
Cloud computing is quickly growing in popularity amongst businesses and individuals thanks to its data efficiency and low-cost effectiveness. As the demand for cloud computing technology grows, so too do the demands for cloud computing experts. In an age of technology, there has never been a better time for a career in cloud computing.